Elected Board Officials
The Village is run by an elected chairman and four board members. The chairman and each board member
are elected to serve four-year terms. Current board members are:
- Forrest Devries, Chairman
- Mike Gates
- Lisa Kohout
- Lonny Raftery
- Richard Douglass
- Carolyn Otto Office Phone: (402) 798-7395
- The clerk's office is located in the fire hall at 1st Street & Sherman Ave.
Hours: Monday & Wednesday, 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Adam German - Cell phone (402) 430-8177
- Village Board Meeting, Second Wednesday of each month, 7:00pm., Fire Hall
Forms are available from the clerk for building and sign permits. Permits also required one mile extra
territorial zoning jurisdiction.
|Electric:||Norris Public Power || (402) 423-3855 or 1-800-743-3899|
(402) 223-4038 or 1-800-745-2799
|Water/Sewer/Garbage:||Paid on Norris Public Power bill|
|Gas: || Black Hills Energy ||1-888-890-5554|
|Telephone:|| Windstream || 1-800-347-1991|
- DISH and DIRECTV are available
- Household pickups are curb side every Friday morning. Must be household trash only.
- For residents only. Only wood, grass and leaves. No metal or paper. 24 hour access.
- A recycling trailer is in the parking lot of the Community Center. 24 hour access.
Community Center Rental
Call the clerk's office to reserve your event.
- Gym: For residents, 798 prefix and 68331 zip codes: $50 for 4 hours or less;
$75 for more than 4 hours.
If within a 15 mile radius: $150.
Team practices: $25 or otherwise negotiated with the Village Board.
- Storm shelter: $50 for 4 hours or less, $75 for more than 4 hours; however, in the event of a storm, emergency use will
take precedence over the rental event.
- Southwest Room: $50
- Kitchen: $25
- Damage Deposit: A $100 deposit is required upon rental and is fully refundable if there is no damage and left in the condition it was found at the time of rental.
- Temporary poll booths are set up at the Community Center for residents at election time.
- All real estate and property taxes are collected by the Gage County Treasurer's office
which is located in the County Courthouse at 612 Grant Street in Beatrice. (402) 223-1316. Vehicle registrations and driver's
licensing also located in the Courthouse.
Cortland's sales tax is 1%.
- Call 9-1-1 in emergency situations.
Cortland Fire and Rescue responds.